You can’t get high on hemp,
but you can create clothing, housing, food, fuel, natural
plastics and other locally useful and globally marketable consumer products out of it. And oh yeah, did we mention jobs, and lots of them. Hemp is already a multi $ billion a year industry and growing.
We want SOUTH AFRICA to join these countries that are already growing hemp: AUSTRALIA, AUSTRIA, CANADA, CHILE, CHINA, DENMARK, EGYPT, FINLAND, FRANCE, GERMANY, GREAT BRITAIN, HUNGARY, INDIA, ITALY, JAPAN, KOREA, NETHERLANDS, NEW ZEALAND, POLAND, PORTUGAL, ROMANIA, RUSSIA, SLOVENIA, SPAIN, SWITZERLAND, THAILAND, TURKEY and UKRAINE.
We wish to end the botanical racism imposed on the industrial hemp plant.
Let’s free the industrial hemp plant from the current apartheid style discrimination.
We support legislation change that will allow the hemp plant to grow in peace.
- There are over 50 000 recorded uses,
- and amazingly every part of the plant is utilized:
- The outer stalk: for textile fibres.
- The inner stalk: for building materials and cellulose.
- The seed kernel: for nutritional oils.
- The seed husk: for biodegradable plastics.
- The leaves: for re-tilling and fertilizing the soil after harvest.